LAST WEEK IN IDAHO...

...I drove by BYU-I's campus and was in awe at all the new and humungous apartment buildings that are going up! Geesh...are there seriously that many more students that are going to be attending in the next few years? Anyway, in order for some of these apartments to be built, a lot of older homes are being removed.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, I just wish I had taken a few more photos of the beautiful, traditional homes before they were bulldozed. But good news...my favorite home was still there...that beautiful green and red Craftsman home. I quickly snapped a photo out of the car window since who know's when it's turn is...

I also had the great chance to meet up with some of my favorite gals and surprise our professor at his awesome, retirement, surprise party. TL McRae touched all of our lives in so many different and positive ways. Literally hundreds of students showed up to honor his 26 years of teaching at Rick's College/BYU-Idaho. 

After that sweet surprise party, we cruised from Rexburg to Blackfoot to prep for the next surprise party. Our first stop was to get black balloons. We found 20 for a dollar and took them to get blown up...only to find out that the nation is in a helium shortage.

Say what? 

Next we get back to the car and get a little phone call saying that the ward party my dad was supposed to go to while we were all setting up was being moved inside to the cultural hall. The cultural hall?! Yep...the exactly room we were headed to decorate. After scrambling and making lots of quick phone calls, we decided to find a room on the other side of the church and sneak in and decorate a smaller room.

It honestly turned out for the best. Since we did the party on a small budget, our simple decorations when a lot further in that little room. It also made it look like a lot more people came! haha. When he walked in, he was so surprised! It was fun to show him how much we all care for him. He was so smiley and happy.

That next day I decided to stay in Idaho for one more week to hang out with my siblings while my mom and dad went to work. Sadly, Thomas had to go back to Utah for work, but I did have a good time and some good laughs with family for the next few days. 

One of the funnest things was going shopping with Ashley, Emily, and my mother-in-law. We found some awesome deals and I think we all found exactly what we went for. Tell me how often that happens? Yep, so fun! {See my new baseball tee? I've looked far and wide...it was in the target pj section!}

One of the other best things...spending time with my mom picking raspberries and making homemade, delicious, jam. This fun gets to last every time I eat it. Homemade jam is one of the best foods in the whole world...who's with me?

Also, who's with me on this being the best part of video games? Well, just after taking first place 6 times in a row on Mario Kart! Woo woo!

Friday everyone was at work or at a friend's house so I hung out with this beautiful lazy. She seemed pretty annoyed that I kept was trying to take a picture of her...I think she secretly enjoyed it. She loves attention. {Tell me she's not the most beautiful cat you've ever seen}

I also had a realization. You know, or should know that I LOVE quotes. This is my mom's refrigerator. I think I now know where my love stemmed from. This is one of my favorites...she's had it up for years...

Never.

Yesterday we made our way to Wyoming to see one of my best friends Summer. {You might remember the little post I shared from one of her letters.} She recently returned from her mission in Iowa and shared a little fraction of her experiences in her amazing talk in church. If anyone knows her at all, you know that she's an amazing speaker, writer, and friend. I remember when she would talk in church when we were roommates and she would have the whole audience laughing to the point of tears. {Hahaha..I'm laughing just thinking about it!} I'm also so excited that we live so close again. Less than 2 hours away! Woo woo!

Now I'm back in Utah trying to figure out the right color for the walls of this house. Don't ask me why it's taking me so long? It keeps me up at night. Ahh!

How was your week?

Comments

  1. Ooh it looks like you had so much fun!! I wish I could have been there for Bro. McRae... I'm glad everything turned out nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my all time favorite house! I have been wanting to stake it out to take some photos! I am so glad it didn't get demolished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...but I hear that it's up next so I would go photograph it sooner than later! ;)

      Delete
  3. I miss Rexburg! And that baseball tee is adorable. I may be heading to target to browse through their pj section too :) Miss you girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really was the best shopping trip. I had so much fun. Everyone got everything, it was great. We never have such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Bungalow house is my favorite too. It was empty for a while, so Blake and I were trying to figure out if it was for sell. (It wasn't) :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!