A time and a season


Today's Awakening Moment:

The lesson in Relief Society today was Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from this last conference: "Of Things That Matter Most", one of my VERY FAVORITES! It's the talk where I found this quote {also a favorite}:


Anyway...the teacher was an older lady and at the end of the lesson she was encouraging us to appreciate the time and season that we are living in our lives at this moment. To not always be thinking about what's to come, how busy we are, the future, or "when this trial will be over", but to learn to love the time of our lives that we're in right now.

I tell you...it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I am constantly thinking about the future, what I want, grad school, my future family, work, blah, blah, blah...instead of treasuring today. One of my dearest friends who has 2 kids told me a while ago that she sometimes she get's jealous of the amount of time that Thomas and I have had to be together. It made me stop and think, just like this lesson today, that I do need to value this time as much as I can...

It's so easy to dream about the future and what's to come...but sometimes, we need to stop and take advantage of the moments we have right now. As soon as today is gone, it's gone. Whether we're single, newly married, married w/o kids, married w/ kids, married w/ older kids, or empty nesters; we should be making the best of this season of our lives, loving our family as they are and taking advantage of the moments we have together. We never know when our lives are going to change, for the better or worst. 

So why not be the best we can and appreciate those people we have in our lives, right now, a little more?

Comments

  1. what a great message! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally needed this reminder! Thanks Caley girl! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Caley! I really needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell you it so was what I needed to hear too. In my lesson we wrote down three things besides work and chores that take up most of your time. It made me realize that I don't spend my time on the really important things and even worse I'm always looking to the future thinking ahhh I'm ready for something new. Definitely something I need to get better at.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!