1. Where did you first meet your husband?
The first time that I remember meeting Thomas was at a basketball game my sophomore year of high school (although he'll say we first met my freshman year, but I don't remember that...). He would come to the JV basketball games to watch me cheerlead and we would sit together during the Varsity games and talk.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Honestly I don't remember but I know it was something good...
3. Where was your first date?
Our first date was Prom 2003. We went flying in a small airplane above Blackfoot, had a picnic, went to Johnny Carino's for dinner, then danced the night away...
4. Where was your first kiss?
Both were on my doorstep. To explain: I kissed his cheek the night of prom, I broke his heart (I know, I'm awful!) a few weeks after, we started dating again a year later and on August 26, 2004 we had our second first kiss.
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Courtship began summer 2004 and ended Spring 2007, so 3 years.
Engagement was exactly 9 weeks and 1 day.
6. How did he propose?
We went to Wingers for dinner and I was starving so I ate my whole plate and part of his (he was nervous so he didn't eat much.) We then went flying in a small airplane over Blackfoot and Idaho Falls as a reenactment of our first date. On the way home from Idaho Falls we flew over a grade school and on the ground it said "Caley will you marry me". It was just like a fairytale...
7. Where did you get married?
The Idaho Falls Temple
8. How did the reception go?
The reception was great! We had so many people come from so far! It was beautifully decorated and everyone was happy (I hope, I was in the line the whole time).
9. Where are you now?
We are living in Rexburg, ID and are both going to BYU-Idaho to finish up our bachelor degrees. Thomas is double majoring in Math and Economics. I am a junior in the amazing Interior Design program. We will both be graduating in 2010.
Thanks Jessica for the great idea!
The first time that I remember meeting Thomas was at a basketball game my sophomore year of high school (although he'll say we first met my freshman year, but I don't remember that...). He would come to the JV basketball games to watch me cheerlead and we would sit together during the Varsity games and talk.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Honestly I don't remember but I know it was something good...
3. Where was your first date?
Our first date was Prom 2003. We went flying in a small airplane above Blackfoot, had a picnic, went to Johnny Carino's for dinner, then danced the night away...
4. Where was your first kiss?
Both were on my doorstep. To explain: I kissed his cheek the night of prom, I broke his heart (I know, I'm awful!) a few weeks after, we started dating again a year later and on August 26, 2004 we had our second first kiss.
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Courtship began summer 2004 and ended Spring 2007, so 3 years.
Engagement was exactly 9 weeks and 1 day.
6. How did he propose?
We went to Wingers for dinner and I was starving so I ate my whole plate and part of his (he was nervous so he didn't eat much.) We then went flying in a small airplane over Blackfoot and Idaho Falls as a reenactment of our first date. On the way home from Idaho Falls we flew over a grade school and on the ground it said "Caley will you marry me". It was just like a fairytale...
7. Where did you get married?
The Idaho Falls Temple
8. How did the reception go?
The reception was great! We had so many people come from so far! It was beautifully decorated and everyone was happy (I hope, I was in the line the whole time).
9. Where are you now?
We are living in Rexburg, ID and are both going to BYU-Idaho to finish up our bachelor degrees. Thomas is double majoring in Math and Economics. I am a junior in the amazing Interior Design program. We will both be graduating in 2010.
Thanks Jessica for the great idea!
precious!
ReplyDeletei didn't realize thomas was such a mathlete, though. but that's neat!
Hey Caley,
ReplyDeleteI was doubling with you two on that first date - I didn't realize that! Wow, time flies by so fast! Sounds like Thomas and my husband Trav would get along pretty well, my husband is an engineer and minored in math. What does Thomas want to do with it? You look great btw - i loved the makeovers! I want to go do a free makeover for me sometime (when I get a minute which never happens ;-) Anyway, hope you're well!